“HORSEFLY”was formed as a Classic Rock ‘n Roll and Blues band in August 2011, by four friends who met through monthly blues jams that were being held in Mint Hill, NC. While “HORSEFLY” began as a Blues band, we now perform a complete roster of Classic Rock ‘n Roll and Southern Rock selections, including covers of Joe Cocker, The Rolling Stones, Bad Company, Hendrix, Marshall Tucker, Skynyrd, etc. Additionally, “HORSEFLY” now has the luxury of having both male and female lead singers, as Tabitha Miller, our primary vocalist’s wife, sings our Bonnie Raitt, Susan Tedeschi and Tina Turner covers. While many bands in the area can present a strong male lead vocalist or a strong female lead vocalist, few can provide both! Whether it’s Tabitha belting out “Proud Mary” by Tina Turner or Paul Miller’s booming version of “Hoochie Coochie Man” or his gripping performance of “The Letter” by Joe Cocker, “HORSEFLY” can deliver a crowd-pleasing, attention-getting performance.
Since August 2011, “HORSEFLY’s” notable performances/achievements have included:
* Becoming “the host band” for the monthly Charlotte Blues Jams.
* Performing at “The World Famous” Double Door Inn in Charlotte (4/27/2012 & 9/26/2013).
* Performing at Mint Hill’s “June Tunes” program at the Town Hall (6/9/2012 & 6/8/2013).
* Performing as the headlining band at the inaugural Charlotte Bayou Festival (6/23/2012).
* Performing at the Town of Waxhaw’s “First Friday Night” concert series (9/7/2012 & 7/26/2013).
* Performing at the Town of Waxhaw’s Autumn Treasures Fall Festival (10/14/2012 & 10/12/2013).
* Performing at the “Matthew’s Alive” Festival, Matthews, NC (8/31/2013).
* Performing at Charlotte’s 2013 Festival in the Park (9/21/2013).
* Performing at the Uptown Charlotte Brews & BBQ Festival (as part of the 2013 Charlotte Blues Society’s annual band competition, 10/19/2013).
* Performing at the Town of Stallings Fall concert series (10/26/2013).
It might also be noted that The Charlotte Blues Society judged “HORSEFLY” as one of the area’s top three Blues bands in both 2011 and 2013 (we didn’t compete in 2012) ….. and we typically do much more Classic Rock ‘n Roll and Southern Rock than Blues in our shows!